Scrivening by day and parenting by night wears a girl out, man. In no particular order:
- I paid good money to get Mouse’s hair dyed purple at the ends. Remind me never to do that again. The color is amusing but it’s still leaching out of her hair and into everything – clothes, bed linens, bathtub, skin. And it cost a freakin’ fortune, even at a Haircuttery.
- My imaginary farm/container garden produced some cucumbers and tomatoes. I am enjoying this. I think I may try composting this winter to prepare for the spring once the plants finally quit producing. Also growing dill and tarragon, which I can bring indoors (assuming the cat doesn’t eat them).
- ANOTHER SQUIRREL GOT IN OUR PLACE but we extracted it with minimal difficulty and much less trauma than last year.
- TeenBot in his junior ROTC uniform is alarmingly adult.
- Went to Michigan last weekend and had a wonderful visit. Thank you Congress for not shutting down the federal government this fall.